Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lessons learned from the great literary characters.



I learn my lessons from the great literary characters
or
You went and done it: you finally lost me.

You are no F.Scott.
You are no lover.
No, you are transfixed on the idiosyncrasies of modern life.
Don't you know, the only important thing is LOVE.
I am not pathetic,
I am Romantic. I am a romantic.
.... and the universe punishes romantics.

Zelda my dear,
The stars will not align for you tonight.
No they are weeping and shrieking and falling from the sky.
Like you tears- unnoticed.
I'm sorry that you fell apart under the weight of a selfish man.
That he treated your heart like it was small minded vaudeville.
I'm sorry that you allowed him to gut you, and for his love to destroy you.
Or maybe it was your love that destroyed you.

Perhaps love destroys.

Is it better to have love and lost?
Would the Great Gatsby have existed?

But you are no F.Scott.

No comments: