Introducing the play,
Tragedy!
A comedy in three acts
Chair Scene
Girl one and guy one are arguing on the stage. There is also a chair, and an axe.
Girl one:
I love you!
Guy one:
No, I love you!
Girl one:
Yes, but I said it first, meaning that I actually mean it.
Guy one:
But isn’t a person a sum of their actions? While you say you love me, I actually do the physical act of loving.
Girl one:
Shouldn’t you be asking me if I feel loved on that account? If you are qualifying love as a verb then the particular statement, "I love you" should be a question instead. You should be asking me, "do you feel loved?" or even better, "how am I loving you?"
Chair:
Actually you both are total narcissists in love with only yourself and the concept of love. You will both die alone and live a life of perpetual and insatiable unhappiness.
Girl One:
I didn’t know that IKEA made existentially depraved chairs now.
Guy One:
DON’T insult my chair.
Chair:
She was not insulting me, she was merely only making an observation.
Guy one takes ax, and hacks chair into pieces.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha! I seriously laughed out loud at that, especially at the:
"I didn’t know that IKEA made existentially depraved chairs now."
You are an amazing playwright, which btw, maybe you can answer this, but I've always wondered why it's spelled playwright and not playwrite. Since when do people wright plays? They write them, am I right?
Post a Comment